Welcome to 2018

Happy New Year! ❇✨
It was only a few hours ago that the new year started and already people have their game faces on! Everyone is ready to 'walk the talk!' You know... Them making their new year resolutions and all; them, including me. We all put pen to paper and write the countless list of things we want to accomplish within 12 months! Most of us falter within the first 2 weeks. We think it's just tooooo much and for all us who decide to go on a fitness journey, we think it's tooooo unbearable! 😣
This new year for me will be a dynamic life changing experience as I have faced a lot of ups and downs in the previous year 2017. Saying that sounds so weird! Like, I can't believe 2017 is over. So Anyways....
Like I said, this new year will be different than all the previous years. This year is all about Self Development- learning about one's self, loving one's self and caring for one's self. Always remember that no one can or will love you more than YOU can. You cannot expect someone to love you unconditionally if you do not love YOURSELF unconditionally.
Because of the path I decide to journey on, my new year resolutions are nothing short of the reflection of the self love that I will be bestowing upon myself 👐. I am going to be sharing with you my major goals.

1. Get to know God more. 😇🙏

2. Start eating healthy. 🍠🍎🍐🍓🍒🌰🌱
Those who are closest to me know that I have very bad eating habits and I hate eating anything healthy. I hate vegetables!  I rarely eat fruits! I even go days without drinking even a glass of water! Going forward, I will be doing a 30 day eating healthy challenge as a start as well as a 30 day drinking water challenge (no juice). Why 30 days? Dr Maxwell Maltz,  a plastic surgeon, observed after performing surgery on his patients, they started to feel normal and less conscious after 21 days. It was concluded that it "requires a minimum of about 21 days for an old mental image to dissolve and a new one to jell." The time frame is short enough to be inspiring, but long enough to be believable.

3. Start exercising.😥😧💪
This I think will be the hardest but hey who said life is easy! I will be doing a 30 day fitness challenge😣

4. Save! Save! Save!💰💳💲💵

5. Have more me time💇💅
Being a mother is not easy!!! I said mother and not parent because mothers do ALLL the work! As if being a mother isn't hard enough, try being a single mother! 👌

6. Go out with the girls once in a while👧👗👡👢💄
I'm always homebound!

7. Do things that'll make me happy! 📝🎳🏊👙

8. Resume my studies 📚💺💻
This is the most crucial goal! Education is key!

9. Improve on my work ethics.
Punctuality is not my best trait. But I have the opportunity to do better right? Time management is a no brainer! We all can improve on that.

And finally......

10. Take my son on excursions! 👦🎈⛄🏊🎡🎢🎪🎨
Now that's he's 1, he is fascinated by everything he sees. He already has a wide vocabulary for his age so taking him site seeing and on outings will be a plus and help enhance his verbal and social skills.

Those were my crucial New Year Resolutions!! I will be sticking to it. 😕 I hope!!! With a strong mind and positive attitude I will accomplish it all!
Thanks for the read!

Comment and tell me what your goals are for the new year

Comments

  1. I emjoyed this blog! So fascinating and realistic. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say happy new year!!
    Very interesting blog, I really enjoyed it . πŸ€—πŸ€—

    God is the key for everything 😊

    We cannot lower the mountain , therefore we must elevate ourselves ...

    S.BENTπŸ€—

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting To Know Me - 30 Questions Tag